Wednesday

at home with martha

filbert took me for a tour around the house. there are a lot of strange creatures living here. I met the five irish sisters who live in a little paper house on the fireplace mantel. to be honest, they made me a little nervous the way they looked at me. filbert says they are ok but i don't know.






filbert took me up to the attic sewing room where martha works on her fiber art. he told me that we weren't supposed to be there. mr. onions took me later that he didn't think martha would mind if i went up but it was off limits to filbert because of some kind of accident with buttons and threads. mr. onions didn't know the details and filbert won't talk about it. anyway, i saw a wall hanging that martha is working on, her stash and everything.




(we helped)







on the way downstairs we stopped in the bathroom for a few minutes so filbert could trade insults with the rubber duck who lives there. his name is george.







next we went out to the kitchen where i met bonitamaria, a quetzal who is a good friend of jose's. it was really a very tiring day.














filbert and i were just playing with the rubber bands and if he hadn't let go of his end it wouldn't have smacked me in the mouth - and i didn't cry no matter what he says. anyway, i ended up at the dentist's because one of my poor little teeth was loose. dr. lenny looked at it and said not to worry because it was a baby tooth and would have come out soon by itself.





martha and paul felt sorry for me so they took me to pasta lovers which is a very nice restaurant in queens. martha let me have some smoked chicken ravioli which was very good and the chef sent out a nice little bowl of canoli filling for me. they have crayons for drawing at all the tables which was nice but rather strange because most of the customers were lawyers and such from across the street at the queens court house.






on the way home we stopped and took a walk in hempstead state park which is only a few miles from the house. i had a lot climbing in the bushes.












martha took me and filbert with her when she went to her beading group. the ladys were all working on beaded jewelry. rita was working on a black and silver necklace and linda was making one that looked like white coral. they were showing martha how to do the beadig because she had never done it before.